MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2019
New York has just announced rate changes for 2020 related to the NYS Paid Family Leave Act. Here are the highlights. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
- The new PFL rate for 2020 will be increasing from the current .153% to .270% (75% increase)
- The benefit will be increasing from 55% of average weekly wage to 60% of the average weekly wage for up to 10 weeks (same benefit period as existing).
- The 2019 AWW is $1,357.11 for a maximum benefit of $746.41.
- The 2020 AWW will be 020 is $1,401.17 for a maximum benefit of $840.70
- Maximum contribution from the employees will go from $107.97 to $196.72
- This cost is borne by employees and is deducted from their paycheck.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only.
It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional
in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between
you and the blog and website publisher.